KLAX-TV, the ABC affiliate in Alexandria, LA, under Cox Media Group, has an opening for an aggressive, knowledgeable, creative and goal-oriented Station Manager/Director of Sales. This opportunity is ideal for someone with a successful broadcast sales management background who wants to put his/her skill set to work running a successful television operation with creativity and hard work.
Ideal candidates will be aggressive, knowledgeable, and goal-oriented individuals who are also capable of driving revenue, building winning teams, building a community-oriented and quality product, and are capable of handling multiple tasks. Strong decision-making, organization, communications, and time management skills are a must. Proven track record of leadership and successful experiences in a competitive television environment required. Sales management experience required.
- Proven revenue generator.
- Proven ability to identify and acquire talent.
- Proven ability to structure sales staff to maximize strengths.
- Ability to coach sales staff.
- In depth knowledge of traffic systems to include OSi and Wide Orbit
- Ability to effectively price and control inventory.
- Analytical ability to utilize market analysis, ratings research, and other information to enhance sales efforts.
- Knowledge of and ability to follow broadcast policies, regulations and ethics.
- Knowledge and ability to follow FCC rules and broadcast regulations.
- Ability to forecast and budget as well as maintain budget throughout the year.
- Ability to manage personnel across news, production and engineering as well as sales.
- Ability to develop and successfully execute strategic plans.
- Proven team leader with the ability to motivate, train, and deliver results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and other computer applications.
- Reliable, self-motivated, positive, high energy individual.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred, but not required. A minimum of 3 years sales management experience required with previous GSM/DOS experience preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and good driving record.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Revenue growth in both broadcast and digital.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of station personnel and able to hold personnel accountable to daily job requirements.
- Identify and acquire quality personnel.
- Train, coach, debrief and develop staff members.
- Able to effectively strategize, build, and execute operation plans across all divisions.
- Responsible for building and maintaining operational budgets.
- Responsible for building and achieving monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals for sales staff.
- Highly visible to current and potential advertisers and the community.
- Responsible for maintaining a sales list.
- Responsible for ensuring superior relations with staff, clients, and others in the community.
- Responsible for following all regulations to protect the station licensing.
If you wish to work for a company that rewards excellence and you are a motivated, goal-oriented self-starter, please contact Becky Swan, Regional Vice President, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No Phone Calls Please.
KLAX-TV IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.