Loved by many, admired by all. Julia Reed, a Greenville Mississippi native dies from cancer at age 59. "She was a light in everybody's eye." Hank Burdine a close friend to Julia says this will be a big loss to the community because she was such a staple here
"She had a Heart here, even though she lived in New York, New Orleans and all around, her heart was always in the Mississippi Delta."
She didn't live here her entire life but she was so involved with the community it almost seems as if she did.
"A strong proponent for revitalization of Washington County and the downtown association to get downtown going again. She was extremely involved with the world hot tamale festival. She brought in writers and chef's from all over this country."
More important than being a writer or a author, she's was a great person
"Julia Reed had a heart as big as the Mississippi river. she was a proponent of the delta, she loved everyone around here so much.
- Power Five offers in hand, Norris TE James Carnie turns attention to fine-tuning game
- 3. QUIET, PLEASE
- 2. GETTING DEFENSIVE
- 1. LAST HURRAH?
- Rose Leslie is pregnant! Kit Harington to become a first time dad
- Auburn-Kentucky preview: Key storyline, matchup and question, plus a prediction
- Hospitalizations in Nebraska peaking again as coronavirus outbreaks spread
- State GOP leaders send cease-and-desist letter to Madison Clerk ahead of ballot collection event
- Girl Missing From Grenada Found Safe
- Two Mississippi Inmates Declared Dead
- 15- Year Old Accused of Raping 91- Year Old Woman in Isola
- 10 MDOC Employees Removed from Rankin County Prison
- 18- Year Old Arrested and Charged with Murder in Leflore County
- Sunflower County Man Arrested for Allegedly Luring Children to Van
- Cleveland Cancels Door-to-Door Trick-or-Treating due to Covid-19
- Uncle Ben's Announces New Branding
- Greenwood Man Arrested for Shooting
- Indianola Police Investigating Double Homicide