Mayor Simmons is very excited that secretary of state Michael Watson has chosen Greenville to kick off the state auction.
"This is yet another great day for the city of Greenville. This state auction is evidence that local and state partnerships truly matter. We are kicking off, state auction right here in Greenville Mississippi, right here in Washington county. So we are very pleased that the secretary has chosen to kick off the state auction right here in the Mississippi Delta."
Mayor Simmons says that this will generate revenue for our local government and our local schools.
"Get revenues not only for our local governments but our local schools. We also beautify our city by eliminating the light, by ensuring these dormant properties are restored to productive use. So it is always a wonderful project, it's always a wonderful day to have our Secretary Of State Michael Watson here."
Mayor Simmons says that this is evidence that they have built a great partnership with Secretary Watson and the city will see the benefits.
"This is evidence that local and state partnerships truly matter, we are dealing with a pandemic right now and the only way we can get past this is one first through our faith in God and our love and savior Jesus Christ but also through partnerships that teaches us that we have to work together."
- Carrie Coon: Being in Ghostbusters: Afterlife is 'surreal'
- Bill Skarsgard enjoys playing 'complicated roles'
- Sam Claflin hails co-star Millie Bobby Brown a 'powerhouse'
- With the return of Badgers football, city leaders discourage large game-day gatherings
- Thandie Newton to star in All The Old Knives
- Mississippi National Guard Sergeant Wins 2020 Best Warrior Competition
- $6 Million Going to MS to Help Curb Domestic Violence
- MDOC Employee Arrested for Embezzlement
- Girl Missing From Grenada Found Safe
- Missing Grenada Girl Found Safe
- Greenwood Man Arrested for Shooting
- 4 Arrested after Child Goes Viral for Smoking Marijuana
- Steven M. Sipple: Nebraska's can-do spirit during challenging period should make fans proud
- Julia Reed Dies From Cancer
- Indianola Police Investigating Double Homicide
- Former Teacher and Principal Pleads Not Guilty
- Sunday Shooting in Greenwood Leaves Two Hospitalized
- HURRICANE SALLY MAKES LANDFALL IN ALABAMA